OSCB1. Introduction (Overview of the organisation) :
The Short Term Cooperative Credit Structure (STCCS) in Odisha comprises of 2714 PACS (including 214 LAMPS and 6 FSS) at the grassroots level, 17 District Central Cooperative Banks (with 318 Branches) at the middle tier and Odisha State Cooperative Bank (with 14 Branches) at the apex level. From out of about 54 lakh agricultural families, 49.19 lakh families have been enrolled as members of the PACS taking the coverage to 89.53%.
a) Objectives of the Organisation
- To cater to the credit requirement of farmer-members of the Primary Agriculture Cooperative Societies.
- To implement the Kisan Credit Card (KCC) scheme to ensure instant finance and adequacy in credit delivery.
- To step up production and productivity in agriculture through promotion of farm mechanization and better land and water management.
- To create employment opportunities by channeling credit for promotion of dairy, poultry, pisciculture, handloom, transport and Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).
- To cater to the credit needs of small traders and artisans for income generation and employment opportunities under Swarojgar Credit Card (SCC) Scheme.
- To extend credit facilities to Tenant Farmer Groups (TFGs), Joint Liability Groups (JLGs), Oral Lessees, Share Croppers and Self Help Groups (SHGs) for farm and non-farm operations.
- To recognize and reward good repayment habits of farmer members through Kalinga Kisan Gold Card (KKGC) scheme.
- To direct efforts towards achieving the State Government – given targets under various crop production programmes and implementation of policies on the cooperative sector.
- To provide improved customer service through upgradation of technology and adoption of best practice.
b) Mission/ Vision of the Organisation
Our Corporate mission is to become a strong and competitive Bank offering innovative financial products and services and to lead a rejuvenated Short Term Cooperative Credit Structure to better serve the people of Odisha.
c) Act, Rules and Bye-laws
The Bank is incorporated under the Odisha Cooperative Societies Act, 1962 on 1st April, 1948, Second Schedule of Reserve Bank of India, 1934 as a Scheduled Bank and Licensed as a Banking Organisation under Section – 22 read with 56(o) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 (As Applicable to Cooperative Societies). The Bank has framed its bye-laws in conformity with the provisions of the Odisha Cooperative Societies Act and the Rules framed thereunder. The same has been registered by the Registrar, Cooperative Societies, Odisha.2. Organisational Hierarchy (both Organisational level and the field level):
3. Types of Societies which are registered with the office of the Registrar, Cooperative Society :
|Sl. No.||Types of Societies||Services offered by the Society/ Purpose served|